Polynomial functions can be categorized as even or odd, based on the degree of the polynomial. They have a number of common characteristics based upon their classification.
- Notes:Properties of Polynomial functions
- p. 114 #1-9, C1, C2 *11, 12
Things you should be able to do after today
- identify a polynomial function from its equation and / or graph
- explain the role of the leading coefficient and the constant term with respect to the graph
- be able to generalize rules of graphing odd or even degree functions
- solve a problem by modeling a situation using a polyomial function and analyzing the graph