Logarithms are a way of algebraically dealing with variables that are in the exponents of functions. They are a kind of notation that was developed to deal with the inverse of exponential functions. Learn more about logarithms, how they are related to exponential functions and the restrictions on values of logarithms.
- p380 #1-18, C1 *21,22
Things you should know after today:
- what does a logarithm represent?
- how to write a logarithm in exponential form
- how to write an exponent as a logarithm
- the restrictions on logarithms and exponents
- the graph of a logarithm
- the equation for the asymptote
- the y-intercept