In grade 8, we were introduced to the idea of surface area of 3 dimensional objects. Today, you will be extending those ideas to find the surface areas of other 3d shapes, including spheres, cones and pyramids.
Things you should be able to do after today:
- Find the surfacea area of cone, given two of the following measurements: height, radius, slant height
- Find the surface area of a sphere, given the radius or diameter
- Find the surface area of a rectangular pyramid or a square based pyramid
- Given the surface area, algebriacally solve for a missing measurement
- p74 #1, 3, 5-8, 11, 12, 14-17 *19