While many relationships have an obvious pattern when you look at their graphs, you can see the same pattern by looking at the table of values if you know what to look for. Today, you will be looking at tables of values to help you find out if the relationship is linear (makes a line) or not. As well, you will also explore different ways of describing the relationship using the language of math, algebra!
Things you should be able to do after today:
- determine if a relationship is linear by looking for patters in the table of values
- express a linear relationship using words
- express a linear relationship using an expression
- express a linear relationship as an ordered pair using expressions
- p348 #4, 6, 8, 10, 13, 15, 16, 18 *19 *20