One of the most important uses for math and numeracy is to analyze numbers and what they mean. We like to look for patterns so that we can make predictions or extrapolate data (what does extrapolate mean? Ask Google!) Today we will be looking at paired sets of numbers to see how we can represent them visually, and then look for patterns in the data to make predictions.
Things you should know after today:
- What is a linear relationship
- How to plot coordinates on an x-y coordinate grid
- How can you represent data in a table of values
- How you can use the graph of a linear relationship to make predictions
- When those predictions might or might not make sense.
- p337 #5, 6, 8, 9, 11, 12, 15, 16, *17 *18