We can think of multiplying as repeated additions to help us determine what multiplying by an integer means. Today, you will develop the sign rule for multiplying and dividing, and talk about what integers mean in the context of a story problem.
Things you should be able to do after today:
- use the sign rule to help you determine the product or quotient of two integers
- determine the sign of a product when there are more than two things (factors) being multiplied together
- explain what a positive or negative answer means in the context of a word problem.
- p297 #4, 5, 7-13, 16, 19-22, 25
- p310 #7-10, 11-15, 18, 21