Every 3d shape has a surface. The total area of that shape is the surface area. If the 3d shape is a polyhedron (something with flat faces) then it is usually pretty easy to find the total area of the surface:
- What is a prism? Watch the Prism Video on Youtube if you're not sure. All the prisms we will be looking at in this course are "right prisms"
- Watch the 4 videos shown below and complete your notes before coming to next class.
In Class Assignment:
- HW 5.3 p180 #3-8, 10, 12, 13, 15
Things you should be able to do after today:
- find the area of a rectangle
- find the area of a triangle
- label the measurements on a net of a rectangular or triangular prism
- determine the total surface area of a rectangular or triangular prism