Last class we learned about the opposite operations squaring, and square rooting. These are two new operations that are quite different from multiplying, dividing, adding and subtracting.
These two operations become quite important as we start to explore the Pythagorean relationship.
- Notes: Blank template
- Math Interactive: Exploring Pythagorean Relationship
- Video #1: Exploring the Pythagorean Relationship
- Video #2: The Pythagorean Relationship and the Right Triangle
- Video #3: Using the Pythagorean Relationship
- p92 #5, 7, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 19, 21
Things you should know after today:
- identify the hypotenuse in a right triangle
- state the pythagorean relationship in words
- use the pythagorean relationship to determine if a triangle has a 90 degree angle