Understanding squares and square roots is an important part of working with the Pythagorean Relationship.
Start by watching the 4 videos that accompany your notes. Make appropriate notations in your notebook before coming to class and prepare to discuss the important concepts.
- Blank Notes Template
- video #1: Creating a factor tree for a composite number
- video #2: What is a perfect square?
- video #3: What is a square root?
- video #4: Solve simple problems using squares and square roots
- p 85 #7-9, 11, 13, 15, 17, 18 21, 22 *25
- Youtube: Why is the correct answer B?
Things you should know after today:
- What is the square of a number
- What is a perfect square
- How can prime factorization be used to check for perfect squares
- What is meant by a square root
- What is the difference between the square of a number and the square root of a number